Skip to page body Home Out City Departments Services What's Happening Community Doing Business Facilities

The City of Wenatchee prepares utility bills for water, sewer and storm drain services. The billing cycle depends on the type of customer and where the services are provided. Residential customers are billed every two months and commercial customers are billed monthly.

The minimum bi-monthly bill for a residential customer inside the City limits, receiving all services is as follows:



Base Water fee ¾ inch meter (no consumption) 21.36 22.02
Water consumption per 100 cubic feet 1.730 1.782
Sewer fee 47.84 49.28
Storm drain base fee 14.80 14.96
Estimated Utility Tax 15.41 15.83
Minimum bill without consumption 99.41 102.09

Residential payments are due 30 days after bill date and considered delinquent after 32 days. Commercial payments are due 28 days after bill date and considered delinquent after 32 days. Delinquent or disconnection notices are mailed within 35 days after bill date. Customers may be subject to disconnection and/or further collection procedures if the bill remains unpaid 45 days after bill date. If you are unable to pay prior to disconnection or collection, please contact:  Utility Customer Service at (509) 888-3600.

Landlord Information
As a landlord, you are ultimately responsible for the utility bill associated with your rental property. The utility bill will be mailed to you unless you complete a Utility Owner Authorization letter, which allows the City to bill your tenant directly. However, you are still responsible for the amount due in the event your tenant does not pay the bill. You will receive a disconnect notice to inform you if/when the bill is past due.

It is City policy not to disconnect water when the tenant moves out. We will disconnect the water only upon authorization from the landlord/property owner.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Utility Customer Service at (509) 888-3600 and select option 1.

Water Services
The City of Wenatchee provides water and sewer services to customers within the City limits as well as some customers outside City limits. If you have a question about whether or not your property is within the City, please contact the City’s Community Development Department at (509) 888-6200. It is possible that your property may be outside the water service area. In that case, you need to contact the Chelan County Public Utility District at (509) 663-8121.

Sewer Services
If you wish to connect your property to the City sewer, please contact the Public Works Building Department at (509) 888-6200.

Garbage Services
The City contracts with Waste Management Inc., for garbage, recycling and yard-waste collection services. Effective April 1 2014, Waste Management is responsible for collection and billing of both residential and commercial solid waste customers. All services are remaining unchanged.

For new service or to stop and start existing service, please contact Waste Management at (877) 466-4668 or go to their website

Electronic Billing (Ebill)
The City of Wenatchee has the ability to deliver your utility bill electronically through email. If you would like to participate in Ebill select the link below to complete the form and email it to our Utility Billing Department at or by mail at PO Box 519 or in person at 129 South Chelan Avenue, Wenatchee, WA 98801. 

Ebill Enrollment form (English)                           Ebill Enrollment form (Spanish)

Last updated: 4/8/2016 10:22:31 AM