For information about the 2016-2017 Update to the Wenatchee Urban Area Comprehensive Plan please click here.
Wenatchee Urban Area Comprehensive Plan: Planning to Blossom 2025
The City of Wenatchee Comprehensive Plan is the governing document providing guidance and direction to City Government in its actions and implementation of principles for community development. . People often associate community development with increases in population and the expansion of municipal boundaries. The City of Wenatchee’s Comprehensive Plan does specifically address population growth, but of equally importance it addresses improvements to the community in terms of quality of life. The City of Wenatchee’s approach to community development is to reach across the entire community to look at social and economic issues, historical assets, cultural values, the sustainability of the community, condition of housing, and impacts to neighborhoods including infrastructure, community facilities, transportation networks, and safety, among others.
Since Wenatchee does not have great expanses of land to grow outward, much of the focus of the plan is to address improvements of what we have. We see this land area constraint as both a challenge and opportunity as Wenatchee has unique values that make our city a special place to those who do business here and to those who call it home.
In 2006 – 2007, the Comprehensive Plan went through a major update that was adopted in 2007 as required by the Growth Management Act. The plan, however, is a living document and may be updated with minor edits annually. The next major plan review and update is due in 2017. We are thinking ahead to this update and welcome input and participation.
The following plans are incorporated into the Wenatchee Urban Area Comprehensive Plan:Wenatchee Urban Area Comprehensive Plan: Planning to Blossom 2025 (Updated 2014)
Plans referenced in the Comprehensive Plan and which are adopted in full include:
- Capital Facilities Plan (2017-2022)
- Waterfront Subarea Plan (2003)
- Central Business District Plan (2007)
- Sunnyslope Subarea Plan (2007)
- Grandview Historic District Subarea Plan (2006)
- Recreation and Open Space Comprehensive Plan (2012-2018)
- Consolidated Plan (2013-2017)
- Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness (2011)
- General Sewer Plan (2008)
- Stormwater Plan (2010)
- Regional Water Plan (2011) Contact us for information
- Water Plan (2011) Contact us for information
- Chelan County Solids Waste Management Plan
- Confluence 2025: A Regional Transportation Plan for the Wenatchee Valley
- City of Wenatchee Shoreline Master Program
Documents adopted as guidance help direct planning activities but do not require implementation. Often portions of these plans are adopted in the Comprehensive Plan. The following plans have been adopted as guidance:
- Foothills Trails Plan
- North Wenatchee Avenue Plan
- Affordable Housing Task Force Recommendations
- 2013 Greater Wenatchee Bicycle Master Plan
- Wenatchee Valley Urbanized Area Freight Study
Plans currently under development include the following. These plans have not been adopted. We invite your participation to help us develop these plans: