Complete Streets: Planning, designing, constructing, operating, maintaining and funding projects with the intent to safely and adequately provide comfortable and convenient access and mobility upon, along and across our right-of-ways, trails and transit system for users of all ages, abilities and modes.
On September 8th, 2016 the Complete Streets Policy was adopted via Ordinance 2016-24.
PEDESTRIAN MASTER PLAN:
Contact: Brooklyn Holton, Housing and Community Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 888-3258
Pedestrians are a significant focus in Complete Street Principles and the City of Wenatchee has begun the planning process of a Pedestrian Master Plan.
The Ped Plan includes the following elements
- Assess the current infrastructure
- Locate pedestrian priority areas
- Establish community priorities
- Identify action strategies
- Highlight important projects or programs
- Develop next steps for plan implementation
March 14, 2017: Steering Committee Meeting #1
A broad representation of the community began identifying key words to begin the development of a Vision and Goals with objectives for the plan that can all be found HERE.
COMPLETE STREETS INFORMATION
- 2016 APWA "Project of the Year" Award Recipient
- 2016 Complete Streets Annual Report