Complete Streets: Planning, designing, constructing, operating, maintaining and funding projects with the intent to safely and adequately provide comfortable and convenient access and mobility upon, along and across our right-of-ways, trails and transit system for users of all ages, abilities and modes.
On September 8th, 2016 the Complete Streets Policy was adopted via Ordinance 2016-24.
PEDESTRIAN MASTER PLAN:
Contact: Brooklyn Holton, Housing and Community Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 888-3258
CAN YOU DO A WALKING AUDIT?
A walking audit is an assessment of the street environment to identify what is working and what opportunities there are for improvement. Audit forms are available for School Zones or Neighborhoods.
Download the Wenatchee walking maps for helpful highlighting and notes.
Pedestrians are a significant focus in Complete Street Principles and the City of Wenatchee has begun the planning process of a Pedestrian Master Plan.
The Ped Plan includes the following elements (printable version of info card)
- Assess the current infrastructure
- Locate pedestrian priority areas
- Establish community priorities
- Identify action strategies
- Highlight important projects or programs
- Develop next steps for plan implementation
March 14, 2017: Steering Committee Meeting #1
A broad representation of the community began identifying key words to begin the development of a Vision and Goals with objectives for the plan that can all be found HERE.
COMPLETE STREETS INFORMATION
- 2017 Department of Health Complete Streets Report
- 2016 APWA "Project of the Year" Award Recipient
- 2016 Complete Streets Annual Report
- Complete Street Partners