2nd Street Canal Bridge Neighborhood Meeting
- Slideshow presentation from Neighborhood Meeting held on March 2nd, 2017
- Bridge Proposal Option One
- Bridge Proposal Option Two
2016 Pedestrian Safety Improvements
This project consists of safety improvements for pedestrians by installing pedestrian crossings and curb bulb-outs. Construction is scheduled to begin on June 1, 2016. The project includes:
- Pedestrian signs and push-button activated rapid flashing beacons at:
- Washington & Elliot Ave
- Ferry & Methow
- Install curb bulb-outs w/ADA ramps at:
- Mission & Orondo
- Chelan & 9th St
- Chelan & Palouse
- Chelan & Yakima
- Pedestrian actuated crosswalk beacon (HAWK beacon)
- Crosses South Mission Street at Benton (near Jiffy Lube/Dutch Bros)
General Contractor: WM. Winkler Company, Newman Lake (Spokane), WA
Mission St – Miller St Intersection & Chelan Ave – Miller St & Springwater St Intersection
This project is scheduled to begin night-time construction work on June 13, 2016. The project consists of:
- Improvements to provide additional room for truck traffic to travel through the intersections and improve pedestrian and vehicle safety, since SR285 is a truck route.
- Revise striping on Springwater approaching Miller Street will be to include a double left turn with elimination of on-street parking between Harvard and Miller Streets.
- The completed project will include repaving the streets, traffic signal improvements/upgrades, electrical system updates, revised lane and shoulder markings, updated curb access ramps, crosswalk improvements, signing, storm drainage and other work.
General Contractor: KRCI LLC, East Wenatchee, WA