Skip to page body Home Out City Departments Services What's Happening Community Doing Business Facilities

The City owns and operates over 963 acres of parks and open space areas in Wenatchee.  Click here to download an 8 1/2" x 14" City Park Guide for more information about specific City parks. 

Picnic Shelter Reservations  - ONLINE RESERVATIONS COMING SOON!
To reserve a picnic shelter in Rotary, Washington, Lincoln or Kiwanis-Methow Park for a private party, please complete the Reservation Packet and return it with your payment (cash and checks only) to the Parks and Recreation office at 1350 McKittrick Street.  Click here to download a reservation packet.  Click here to download a reservation packet in Spanish.

To reserve picnic shelters at Walla Walla Point Park or Hydro Park click here and you will be directed to the Chelan County PUD website. You can also call them at: (509) 661-4551.

PLEASE NOTE:  The Lincoln Park Picnic Shelter and Washington Park Picnic Shelters are both currently closed for renovation.  The Washington Shelter is anticipated to be ready for use in June 2016.  Lincoln Shelter is anticipated to be ready in early September 2016.

Park Special Events 
To reserve a park for a special event, performance or large group of over 200 people, please complete the Special Event Packet and return it to the Parks and Recreation office. Department staff will work with you to satisfy the permit requirements.  Click here to download a Special Event permit packet.

Rotary Park Splash Pad
The Rotary Park Splash Pad is open seven days a week from 11:00am to 8:00pm during the Summer months. Reservation of the Rotary Park Picnic Shelter does not include reservation of the Splash Pad.

Alcoholic Beverage Area Permit Regulations 
Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in City park areas with the exception of during certain Special Events.  Events proposing to have a beer garden, wine tasting or other activity involving alcoholic berverages in a City park area must complete an Alcoholic Beverage Area Permit application along with Special Event Permit application. Click here to download an alcoholic beverage area permit application packet.

Inflatable Play Equipment Regulations 
Events proposing to utilize inflatable play structures such as: bounce houses, slides etc. must first compelte a permit application and adhere to the use regulations.  Click here to download the inflatable play equipment regulations.

Park Wading Pools 
The Pennsylvania Park, Methow Park and Washington Park wading pools are filled and open Monday through Friday from 1:00-5:00pm during the Summer months.  Check the Summer Recreation Guide for specific dates.

Park Concession Permit 
Vendors wishing to use a City park area to sell food or merchandise or provide another service for park guests must first complete a Park Concession Permit Application.  Click here to download a copy of the application and related policies and procedures.

Gender Equity Policy  
The City of Wenatchee complies with the State of Washington’s “Fair Play in Community Sports Act” (Chapter 467, 2009 Laws, effective date July 26, 2009) that prohibits discrimination against any person in a community athletics program on the basis of gender. Any questions or comments please contact the Wenatchee Parks and Recreation Department.

Refund Requests  
Click here to download a Refund Request form and policy.  If you are eligible for a refund, complete the form and return it to the Parks and Recreation Department.  

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 4/26/2016 1:19:58 PM