Special Services Division
The Special Services Division includes many specialty functions that are separate from the Patrol and Investigation Divisions.
The following are members of the Special Services Division:
PROACT Officers are primarily responsible for gang eradications and also participate in community awareness and education programs.
Presenting Crime Prevention Programs and instruction is an important function for all members of the department. Some of the Crime Prevention Programs offered include:
• Home safety presentations (crime prevention through environmental design)
• Fraud / ID theft prevention presentations
• School, daycare, child safety, Halloween safety presentations
• Bicycle / crosswalk safety talks and enforcement (including bicycle rodeos)
• Radar trailer placement (by citizen request)
• Child ID and fingerprinting fairs
The SSD Sergeant and the crime prevention officer also sit on various community support planning boards to offer law enforcement guidance and assistance, and plan and organize department programs.