The Wenatchee Code Enforcement Board reviews cases and appeals, and renders decisions regarding code violations. Its express mission and purpose include the following:
- Conduct hearings on civil violations of specified Wenatchee ordinances and sections of the Wenatchee City code
- Determine whether the City has established by a preponderance of the evidence that a civil violation of the specified Wenatchee ordinance or section of the City code has occurred
- Assess monetary penalties when appropriate
- Adopt rules of procedure for the conduct hearings
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council, Mayor and staff relating to code enforcement and civil violations when requested
The Code Enforcement Board consists of five voting members. All positions on the board are appointed by the City Council. All members of the board must be residents of the City of Wenatchee, both at the time of their appointment and for the full term of their appointment. Members are appointed to two-year terms.
2014 Code Enforcement Board members:
- Casey Headlee - Chair
- Jack Heide - Vice Chair
- Joe Gamboni
- Ace Bollinger
The board meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and begin at 5:30pm. All meetings are held at Wenatchee City Hall, 129 South Chelan Avenue.
The Code Enforcement Board currently has one vacant position. City of Wenatchee residents who are interested in serving on the Board may complete an application and submit it to the City Clerk for processing.