The Wenatchee Code Enforcement Board reviews cases and appeals, and renders decisions regarding code violations. Its express mission and purpose include the following:
- Conduct hearings on civil violations of specified Wenatchee ordinances and sections of the Wenatchee City code
- Determine whether the City has established by a preponderance of the evidence that a civil violation of the specified Wenatchee ordinance or section of the City code has occurred
- Assess monetary penalties when appropriate
- Adopt rules of procedure for the conduct hearings
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council, Mayor and staff relating to code enforcement and civil violations when requested
The Code Enforcement Board consists of five voting members. All positions on the board are appointed by the City Council. All members of the board must be residents of the City of Wenatchee, both at the time of their appointment and for the full term of their appointment. Members are appointed to two-year terms.
2013 Code Enforcement Board members:
- Joe Gamboni - Chair
- Penny Sodeman
- Casey Headlee
- Ace Bollinger - Vice Chair
The board meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and begin at 5:30pm. All meetings are held at Wenatchee City Hall, 129 South Chelan Avenue.
The Code Enforcement Board currently has one vacant position following the recent loss of Chair Gale Vradenburg. The Board and City staff would like to extend condolences to his family. Gale was appointed to the Code Enforcement Board in May of 2008 and served as its Chair since January of 2010. Gale served the Board with dedication and fairness, always demonstrating a kind and professional demeanor. Sadly, Gale passed away on Monday, September 16th following a short battle with cancer. He will be dearly missed.