Vision and Mission
"Wenatchee is a community where diversity is welcomed, valued and celebrated. The Diversity Advisory Council advocates recognition, respect, inclusion and celebration of the greater Wenatchee area’s diverse people."
City of Wenatchee Diversity Advisory Council
The City’s Diversity Advisory Council meets regularly on the first Monday of each month at 4:30 PM at the Wenatchee City Hall Council Chambers. Chair of the Council is Jeff Stevens. The City contact for the Council is Allison Williams, (509) 888-6216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity Council Annual Work Plan
The Diversity Advisory Council carries out an annual work plan of activities to meet the vision and mission above (click here for the Annual Diversity Calendar). The Diversity Advisory Council's annual activities include:
* Carrying out the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event
* Providing annual awards program: Social Justice and Business Recognition
* Carrying out ongoing community conversations through "Town Hall" meetings
* Providing matching grant programs for diversity activities (as budget allows)
* Providing annual diversity training opportunities
Recent work products include:
* Inclusive Community Process
* Gang Summary Report
* Jim Diers Training
* Support for the South Wenatchee AIA SDAT Process
For more information, call or email City of Wenatchee Executive Services Director Allison Williams at (509) 888-6216 or email@example.com.
“We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.” - Anonymous