The City of Wenatchee's Lodging Tax Advisory Committee has approved an application process for use of hotel-motel tax funds for tourism promotion activities. Lodging Tax Applications are due by Wednesday, November 27 at 3:00 PM.
APPLICATION FOR WENATCHEE LODGING TAX FUNDS
For more information please contact Allison Williams, Executive Services Director, at (509) 888-6216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LODGING TAX ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Purpose & Responsibilities:
The City of Wenatchee levies a special excise tax on the sale of or charge made for furnishing of lodging that is subject to tax under Chapter 82.08 RCW. By statute, this committee must be made up of at least two (2) generators of the lodging taxes, (2) potential recipients of the lodging taxes and it must be chaired by an Elected Official of the City.
The Lodging Tax Advisory Committee is currently a 8-member citizen advisory committee appointed by the City Council to serve 2 year terms on a rotational basis. Their duties are to:
(1) Be informed about tourism issues and opportunities that can be impacted by hotel-motel tax funding through orientation and on-going learning.
(2) Research and analyze emerging issues and trends in tourism promotion through focused contact, information exchanges with other communities with similar characteristics, and within the community at large.
(3) Review current contracts and proposals received through an established cycle for the use of lodging tax dollars and make recommendations to the City Council for use of the lodging tax dollars.
(4) Recommend to the City Council a strategy for the use of lodging tax revenues that maximizes the investment of taxes for allowed purposes and ensures reporting according to RCW 67.28.080.
(5) Monitor the performance of contractors based on contract metrics and the use of an annual third party survey process for contract evaluation as appropriate and report findings to the City Council.
(6) Conduct other activities related to the use of lodging tax funds and the promotion of tourism as directed by City Council.
All LTAC members must agree to adhere to the City of Wenatchee’s Boards, Commissions, & Committee Responsibilities
. LTAC members submitting funding proposals will not be able to participate in evaluation of any of the submitted proposals in a given round to avoid conflict of interest.
The regular meetings of the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 3:00 PM at the Wenatchee City Hall, 129 South Chelan, Wenatchee, WA 98801.
Board members do not receive compensation for their services and serve two-year terms. For a roster of the current committee members click here
For consideration, all applicants must complete the Advisory Board Application Form
and submit it to the City Clerk no later than December 31st. Persons interested in serving on the LTAC are strongly encouraged to attend an LTAC meeting prior to completing an application.