City of Wenatchee buildings are closed to the public at this time. Please read the City Services Update for more information. The City of Wenatchee is working with local partners to provide accurate information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the public. If you have symptoms and reasons to believe your symptoms are connected to COVID-19, please call your healthcare provider. If you have any questions about what is happening in Washington and how the virus is spread, visit the Washington State Department of Health website at:

Permit Applications

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

General Permit Information

There are several different types of permits that are processed and issued through the Building Division and each one requires different information.

Permits for New Single Family/Duplex/Townhouses and Additions

Residential/ Duplex Complete Packet

Right of Way Permit Application  (Sidewalk, Street Cut, Traffic Control, Etc.)

Utility Services Form (Required for all Building permits or to change Sewer Hazard or Water Service)  

LSM - Civil Application (Site work pending preliminary plat approval)

All new construction applications shall include an Erosion Control Plan and a Site Drainage Plan.  An erosion control plan is a plan to contain sediment or discharge water during construction.  A site drainage plan is a plan to control surface water after the construction is complete.  These plans can be designed/ drawn by any competent person. If you have questions about these items please contact us at (509) 888-3200.

  1. Erosion Control Plan-
    1. Eastern Washington Storm Water Manual   (Erosion Control Plans are required for new construction only)  
    2. List of BMP's   (Please use a minimum of two, shown on site plan)
  2. Site Drainage-
    1. Some examples of site drainage include: dry wells with tight lines, catch basins, swales, sloping areas to grassy or landscaped areas, etc.
    2. Must be designed not to impact the neighboring properties.

Permits for Commercial and Multi-family Developments

Complete commercial application packet

Commercial application form (editable)

Special Inspections-Some projects require special inspections because of the design by the Architect or Engineer.  Please follow the guideline below on special inspections.  The form must be filled out at the time of application submission.

Special Inspection Packet

SEPA (State Environmental Protection Act)-For specific information about SEPA as it relates to the City of Wenatchee, please visit Section 12.04 of our City Code. 

The City of Wenatchee establishes the following exempt levels for minor new construction under WAC 197-11-800(1)(b) based on local conditions:
(i) For residential dwelling units in WAC 197-11-800(1)(b)(i) up to 20 dwelling units
(ii) For agricultural structures in WAC 197-11-800 up to 30,000 square feet
(iii) For office, school, commercial, recreational, service or storage buildings in WAC 197-11-800(1)(b)(iii) up to 12,000 square feet and up to 40 parking spaces
(iv) For parking lots in WAC 197-11-800(1) up to 40 spaces
(v) For landfills and excavations in WAC 197-11-800(1)(b)(v) up to 500 cubic yards.

If you exceed any of the items above you will need to fill out a SEPA Checklist.

Please call or email us if you have questions, or if you are not sure if you need to fill out a SEPA.

Permits for Commercial Tenant Improvement

Complete T.I. Application Packet

Misc. Permit Applications

Fire Permit Application

Mechanical Permit Application

Plumbing Permit Application

Sign Permit Application

Miscellaneous Permit Application

Hydrant Valve Application

Permits for Demolition

Demolition Permit Application

To check your permit status, please visit our online permit center.  If you don't already have an account, sign up today to access your permit.

For other applications not listed here please email or call to get a current form.

The application packet will most likely include plans and specifications, code compliance forms and/or engineering calculations with details for the project. Different types of projects require multiple sets of plans and relative information for routing to the other City departments.

When you have determined the type of project and the extent of the work, call the Building Division at (509) 888-3244 to request the checklist that outlines all the required information for submission.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer