THE FOLLOWING CDBG PLANS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT:
For ALL plans, submit comments to Brooklyn Holton at (509) 888-3258 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Draft 2019 Annual Action Plan : DRAFT 2019 AAP
Two public hearings will be held at City Hall (301 Yakima Street) (1) Planning Commission, Wednesday, July 17 , 2019 at 5:30pm; and (2) the City Council meeting on Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 5:15pm.
All comments must be submitted by end of day on Monday, August 11, 2019
SECTION 3 BUSINESS CONCERN: Section 3 is a provision that helps foster local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency.
See the Section 3 Summary page for more details and contact information.
*Now accepting applications for Neighborhood Improvement Grant projects!
PROJECT BACKGROUND AND PROGRAM DETAILS
In 2004 the City became an entitlement jurisdiction under the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The City receives an annual entitlement of funds that are spent in accordance with federal regulations and the City's Five-year Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plans. There are three broad goals that entitlement communities, like Wenatchee, must pursue with CDBG funding:
- Ensuring that the community’s low and moderate-income residents have access to decent and affordable housing
- Ensuring that the community offers suitable living environments
- Expanding economic opportunities for the community’s low and moderate-income residents
Working within this framework, the City has the authority to use its CDBG allocation to implement a diverse array of activities to meet the needs of the community’s low and moderate income households, including:
- Housing-related activities such as assistance to rehabilitate, acquire, or develop housing for low and moderate-income households, as well as assistance for homebuyers
- Community development activities including improvements to public facilities, public infrastructure, and neighborhoods
- Economic development activities including business development, job training, and educational achievement efforts
- Public services such as child care, youth recreation, services to support people in housing, and food programs
The City's Five-year Consolidated Plan identifies long-term goals and objectives the City will undertake within a five year time period in support of the CDBG program. The Annual Action Plan describes goals, objectives, and strategies for the upcoming program year. For more information, view the City's most current plans.
2013-2017 Wenatchee Consolidated Plan (includes the 2013 Annual Action Plan)