It is important to us to provide current information regarding projects that have a connection with or an impact on City of Wenatchee residents and visitors.
These projects are for the community as a whole and if you would like additional information, want to provide feedback or are interested in getting involved, please contact Glen DeVries, Director of Community Development, at (509) 888-3252.
2018 Comprehensive Plan and Development Regulations Update
The City of Wenatchee intend to adopt revisions to the Wenatchee Urban Area Comprehensive Plan, the Capital Facilities Plan and Title 10, 11, and 13 of the Wenatchee City Code.
The amendments include:
- A site specific map amendment to the Wenatchee Urban Area Comprehensive Plan and official zoning map of approximately 11.3 acres for three parcels from Industrial (I) to North Wenatchee Business District (NWBD). The involved property is generally located south of Hawley Street and border the BNSF railwa to the east and is further described as parcel numbers 232033733065, 232033733005, and 232033110750.
- Annual revisions, updates and amendments to the City of Wenatchee Capital Facilities Plan.
- Draft revisions to the parking space and and aisle dimension standards in the Wenatchee City Code Section 10.60.030.
- Draft revisions to WCC 11.16.250, 11.32.080(7), 13.03, and 13.09.080 that would delegate final plat approval authority to the mayor in accordance with RCW 58.17.100
The amendments were sent to the Washington State Department of Commerce as required by RCW 36.70A.106 for a 60-day comment period. The comment period began on October 5, 2018 and concludes on December 4, 2018. The City of Wenatchee has issued a determination of non-significance (DNS) in compliance with RCW 43.21C.
The City of Wenatchee Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on November 27, 2018 at 5:30 PM in the Council Chambers of Wenatchee City Hall, 129 South Chelan Avenue, Wenatchee to consider the proposed amendments. The public is invited to attend the public hearings and comment on all pertinent matters.
The Wenatchee City Council will hold a public hearing on December 6, 2018 at 5:15 PM in the Council Chambers of Wenatchee City Hall, 129 South Chelan Avenue, Wenatchee to consider the proposed amendments. The public is invited to attend the public hearings and comment on all pertinent matters.
How Can I Participate?
It is anticipated that the Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on the draft amendments in November and the City Council will take final action in December.
Comments on the proposed revisions should be addressed to the Planning Division, City of Wenatchee, 1350 McKittrick Street, Suite A, Wenatchee, WA 98801. Complete information and copies of the proposed revisions will be available at the above listed address during normal business hours or by calling 509-888-3256.
- Draft Comprehensive Plan, Capital Facilities Plan and Development Regulations
- State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) DNS and Checklist
In 2015, the City of Wenatchee is working with the community and community stakeholders to develop a plan that will tie neighbors together, establish resources to revitalize the neighborhoods, reinvigorate the commercial area and address the needs of low-income or at risk individuals.
Funding from the past 3 CDBG program years is being combined and allocated towards providing sidewalks, lighting and public art in South Wenatchee.
Development Areas, Incentives
- South Wenatchee
Current Development Projects and Recently Completed Projects
- Town Toyota Center
- Riverwalk Condominiums
- Riverside Drive Project