Affordable Housing Action Plan
The City of Wenatchee Department of Community and Economic Development has recommended to the Wenatchee City Council the development of an Affordable Housing Action Plan consisting of programs and/or strategies the City may establish to promote suitable affordable housing for all economic segments of the population.
The key findings and recommendations from the Rosen and Associates final housing reports were presented at a City Council work session on July 17, 2008. Please click here for a copy of the staff memorandum. The programs proposed for further consideration are:
- Public-Private Partnership Model Affordable Housing Project and Inclusionary Housing Ordinance
- Rental Licensing Program
- Regulation of Condominium Conversions
- Continuation of Owner-occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program
Affordable Housing Symposium
The City of Wenatchee utilized Community Development Block Grant funds to hire David Paul Rosen and Associates to develop a housing market overview and to recommend potential affordable housing strategies for the City to consider. Nearly 100 community members attended two public meetings held April 24, 2008 to hear research findings outlined to housing industry partners, affordable housing advocates, concerned citizens and the City Council.
After visiting Wenatchee and hearing feedback from the community, Rosen and Associates will provide a strategy detailing recommended next steps for the City to pursue.
Below are links to the presented documents:
- Affordable Housing Symposium Presentation (slides and handout)
- Housing Market Overview and Housing Needs Assessment
- Revenue Sources and Land Use Policies for Affordable Housing
Questions? Contact Steve King at email@example.com or (509) 888-3203.