What is the AIA/SDAT?
The American Institute of Architects, Sustainable Design Assessment Team. (Overview)
The City of Wenatchee received a technical assistance grant from them which brought their team to Wenatchee for 4 days (October 14-17, 2015) in order to spend time with stakeholders to develop recommendations for creating a vision for the overall improvement of South Wenatchee.
Our Goal: Develop a vision for sustainability for the South Wenatchee neighborhood that incorporates the following objectives:
- In light of the highway interchange project, provide recommendations for developing connections - physical, economic, social and cultural - to tie the neighborhood together, while acknowledging the importance of this regional transportation improvement
- Provide a framework or upgrading the residential and commercial areas of South Wenatchee that honors the needs of residents, business owners, property owners, and cultural interests and provides a unique sense of place
- Provide recommendation for resources within the neighborhood that could be leveraged to assist with neighborhood revitalization. I.e., programs at the community center, community based improvement efforts, projects for youth engagement and empowerment, entrepreneurial efforts that could reinvigorate the commercial area, and strategies for building leadership within the neighborhoods.
- Provide guidance for the sustainable investment of CDBG and homeless funds to address the needs of low-income/at-risk populations that reside in the neighborhood.
- Provide goal and policy guidelines to the City for development of a South Wenatchee Sub Area plan as a part of the update of the overall comprehensive plan of the City and associated capital improvement programs.
See The Results!