The Planning Division handles all current and long-range planning and historic preservation while overseeing a number of community development and housing programs.
Current Planning staff implements many of the City's development regulations and provides multiple services which include:
- Zoning - Shorelines - Historic Preservation
- Subdivision - Addressing - Pre-development Meeting Services
- Site development and design review - Land use permit review and processing
- Environmental review and critical areas protection
Long Range Planning staff ensure compliance with the state's Growth Management Act in addition to addressing other state, federal and local issues applicable to the City.
The Wenatchee City Council establishes the work plan priorities for the long range planning section. Planning staff work with the City of Wenatchee Planning Commission on an ongoing basis to monitor community trends, issues and opportunities; and seek to actively engage and interact with the community in the development of goals, policies and implementation measures that reflect the community's interests. The Wenatchee City Council evaluates the recommendations of the Planning Commission and staff as they make policy and code decisions for the community.
Helpful Planning Resources/Links:
Planning Division Team:
- Glen DeVries - AICP, Community Development Director, email@example.com
- Stephen Neuenschwander, Planning Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Ajax, Senior Planner, email@example.com
- Matt Parsons - AICP, Associate Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Van Osten - Grant Programs Coordinator, email@example.com
- Brooklyn Holton - Housing & Community Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oliver Crain - Housing Programs Coordinator, email@example.com
- Kim Schooley - Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve King - PE, Economic Development Director, email@example.com