The Planning Commission reviews and makes recommendations on the following Department of Community Development issues:
· Amendments to the comprehensive plan
· Amendments to the zoning code, WCC Title 10, including changes to the official zoning map which are of general applicability
· Amendments to the subdivision code, WCC Title 11
· Amendments to the environmental code, WCC Title 12, except to the SEPA procedures code, chapter 12.04
· Other actions requested or remanded by the City Council
The Planning Commission reviews and makes decisions on applications for alternative parking analysis and transportation demand management pursuant to WCC 10.60.075.
The Planning Commission is composed of seven members appointed by a majority vote of the City Council without regard to political affiliation. Members of the Planning Commission serve four-year terms without compensation.
2018 Planning Commission members:
- Scott Griffith (Chair)
- Joe Gamboni
- Ace Bollinger (Vice Chair)
- Susan Albert
- Richard Erickson
- Rani Sampson
- Josh Jorgensen
The Planning Commission meets on the third Wednesday of each month. Meetings are open to the public and begin at 5:30 pm. All meetings are held at Wenatchee City Hall, 129 South Chelan Avenue.