City of Wenatchee buildings are closed to the public at this time. Please read the City Services Update for more information. The City of Wenatchee is working with local partners to provide accurate information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the public. If you have symptoms and reasons to believe your symptoms are connected to COVID-19, please call your healthcare provider. If you have any questions about what is happening in Washington and how the virus is spread, visit the Washington State Department of Health website at:

Legal Department

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City Attorney serves as the legal advisor to the Mayor, City Council and all other City officials, as well as all City boards and commissions. The City Attorney is appointed by the Mayor and represents the Mayor, the City Council and all City departments, employees and officials in any dispute between the City and the public. The City Attorney is not an independent elected official and cannot serve as an ombudsman for citizens.

Citizens who have questions about City ordinances should call the City department involved, as it is the departments that administer the application of the ordinances. If the department has questions about how an ordinance applies in a particular situation, the department will contact the City Attorney for legal advice. The City Attorney will not give legal advice concerning application of City ordinances to the public in the absence of a request by the Mayor, City Council, City Administrator or department manager. The City Attorney cannot give legal advice concerning private legal disputes such as divorces, contracts, landlord/tenant disputes, boundary disputes with neighbors, or other private civil matters.

A hard copy of the Wenatchee City Code, which contains all City of Wenatchee ordinances, can be found at Wenatchee City Hall, located at 301 Yakima Street, 3rd Floor.

You may also find a copy of the Wenatchee City Code online here.