City of Wenatchee buildings are closed to the public at this time. Please read the City Services Update for more information. The City of Wenatchee is working with local partners to provide accurate information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the public. If you have symptoms and reasons to believe your symptoms are connected to COVID-19, please call your healthcare provider. If you have any questions about what is happening in Washington and how the virus is spread, visit the Washington State Department of Health website at:

Utilities and Customer Service

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Wenatchee Utility Customer Service Department bills water, sewer and storm drain services. The billing cycle depends on the type of customer and where the services are provided. Residential customers are billed every two months and commercial customers are billed monthly.

The minimum bi-monthly bill for a residential water customer inside city limits, receiving all services is as follows:

Residential customer bill example


Base Water fee ¾ inch meter (no consumption) 26.24
Water consumption per 100 cubic feet 2.12
Sewer fee 59.26
Storm drain base fee 16.04
Estimated Utility Tax 19.34
Minimum bill without consumption 120.88


Residential payments are due 30 days after bill date and commercial payments are due 28 days after bill date. Past due or disconnection notices are mailed within 35 days after bill date. Customers may be subject to a $60 disconnection fee if the bill remains unpaid 45 days after bill date.  Further collection action and a $25 collection fee may be applied if the bill remains unpaid 90 days after bill date. If you are unable to pay prior to disconnection or collection action commences, please contact Utility Customer Service.

Low Income Assistance                                                                                                                                                                           Low income residential customers may be eligible for the City's Senior/Disabled Low Income Discount Program  or the Utility Assistance Program (UAP).  The City administers the first program and the UAP is administered by the Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council.  Customers can find more information about the City's Senior/Disabled Low Income Discount Program by using the link on the New Customers page.  For information about the location, office hours and contact information for Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council on their website  Citizens may also donate to the program simply by indicating the amount you wish to donate on the utility remittance stub or by calling Utility Customer Service phone number (509) 888-3600 and selecting option 1.

Landlord Information
Landlords are ultimately responsible for the utility bill associated with rental property. The utility bill is mailed to landlords or property managers unless they complete and submit a Utility Owner Authorization Form, LL auth form which allows the City to bill tenants directly. The tenant will only be billed directly after they successfully complete the customer registration process (see New Customers tab). Landlords remain responsible for all amounts due in the event a tenant does not pay the bill. Landlords receive past due or disconnect notices to inform if/when the bill is past due.

It is City policy not to disconnect water on rental properties when the tenant moves out. Water will be disconnected only upon authorization from the property owner or an authorized property manager.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Utility Customer Service at (509) 888-3600 and select option 1.

Water Services
The City of Wenatchee provides water services for customers within city limits as well as some customers outside city limits. Customers can call Utility Customer Service to verify if water utility service is provided by the City. For questions about whether or not the property is within city limits, please contact the City’s Community Development Department at (509) 888-6200.

It is possible that your property may be outside the City water service area, but is still served by the City sewer. If that is the case,  contact the City to establish utility service and also Chelan County Public Utility District at (509) 663-8121.

Leak Credits 
City of Wenatchee residential water customers who repair a water line leak on their property may be eligible for a water credit. To be eligible for such a credit a form must be completed and submitted along with the necessary proof that the repair was timely made.  To apply for a water credit, complete and submit this form and return it Utility Customer Service located at 301 Yakima Street, 3rd Floor.  Resid Leak Credit App fillable form

Commercial customers who repair a water line leak may complete a credit request, provide evidence the leak did not reach the sewer system and that the leak was repaired.  Commercial customers requesting a credit due to a wastewater flow meter issue must also complete the form and provide evidence the problem has been repaired.  Commercial_Leak_Adjustment_Application fillable form

Water Repairs                                                                                                                      

City of Wenatchee maintains ownership of all water meter chambers.  Opening water meter chamber lids or tampering with meters is prohibited.   If you need water turned off at the chamber for a water repair, please contact Utility Customer Service to have the water crew dispatched to your location.  There is no charge for the service for the first time to turn the water off and on for repairs during normal office hours.  Requests to turn water off and on after hours and on weekends are subject to a minimum two hour overtime charge.

Sewer Services
City customers may receive sewer service from the City, but water service from Chelan County Public Utility District.  The City can verify what services we provide.  If you wish to connect your property to City sewer, please contact the Public Services Center at (509) 888-6200 or stop by the facility located at 1350 McKittrick Street.

Garbage Services
The City contracts with Waste Management Inc., for garbage, recycling and yard-waste collection services. Waste Management is responsible for collection and billing of both residential and commercial solid waste customers. Residential customers who live within city limits and are Waste Management residential customers for their garbage service are eligible for 4 free dumps per year. To use this benefit please refer to this list for what is accepted: Waste Management free dumps

For new service or to stop and start existing service, please contact Waste Management at (877) 466-4668 or go to their website

Electronic Billing (Ebill)
The City of Wenatchee is able to deliver utility bills electronically through email. To participate in Ebill delivery, simply email the Utility Billing Department at  You will receive a confirmation email.  More information can be obtained at Utility Customer Service at 301 Yakima Street, 3rd Floor, Wenatchee, WA 98801.                  

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer