City of Wenatchee buildings are closed to the public at this time. Please read the City Services Update for more information. The City of Wenatchee is working with local partners to provide accurate information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the public. If you have symptoms and reasons to believe your symptoms are connected to COVID-19, please call your healthcare provider. If you have any questions about what is happening in Washington and how the virus is spread, visit the Washington State Department of Health website at:

Closing Your Account

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If you are moving and need to close your current account, please call City Hall at (509) 888-3600 and select option 1 or email  If you are a water customer, the City will schedule a final read for the water meter and bill for water consumption through that date. You will also be billed pro-rated base fees for all other utility services up to the closing date.  Water service will not be disconnected.  Failure to notify the City that you are vacating the property means you may continue to be responsible for the services for the address.

 Voluntary Water Shutoff

If you are a City water customer and would like to stop all utility services for an extended period of time due to vacation or time away from from the property you must fill out and submit a Voluntary Water Shut Off and Restoration Waiver.  Once the form is received, the water meter will be read and the account billed for services used up to the point of inactivation.  This bill will include a $35 fee to inactivate the account. Voluntary_Water_shut_off_and_Restoration_Waiver_Combine

If you are a City sewer or storm water customer and would like your account inactivated due to an extended period of time away from the property, you must first contact Chelan County Public Utility District at (509) 663-8121 to inactivate your water account and turn off water services.  Once water services are scheduled off, you must also notify City Utility Customer Service  so we can inactivate your City account and generate a prorated utility bill including a $35 inactivation fee.  Customers making this request must complete and sign this form. Voluntary_Non-Water_shut_off_and_Restoration_Waiver